Monday, January 16, 2012

Dancing Bookshelves - Promote small bookstores

This is an amazing video created by a Toronto-based art director (Sean Ohlenkamp) who teamed up with a local independent book store in Toronto. I absolutly love this video, it has everything I love about life -- books, color pallets, music, Tim Burton, stop-motion filming... and small business. 




I could see this as an advertisement for so many things including a public service advertisement to promote local, independently owned bookstores. 


Message: "Anything you can do I can do better... I can do anything better than you."
or the less PC message: "Suck it eReader, lets see you do that!"


Let's all promote independently owned book stores. I challenge you to buy one book from a small bookstore this month. Just one. It's not like I'm asking you to saw through your own arm. 



Some local (Houston) independent book stores -- 


Quarter Price Book 
View Larger Map

1 comment:

  1. I took my own advice and bought two books at Blue Willow Bookshop yesterday - Divergent and Ashes

    My husband is actually excited about Divergent.

    The store was small and quaint with a bell attached to the door handle and old wooden floors. The employees were helpful and knowledgable. I actually handed one woman my phone and told her "Here is a list of books on my wish-list. Do you have any of these." She found one and talked to my husband about a second book... which we bought. All in all, it was a great experience, even if we had to drive a little out of our way to get there.

    ReplyDelete