Thursday, October 3, 2013

Saying goodby to Tom Clancy

Today, I want to take the time to say goodby to a great American author -- Tom Clancy.

Born April 12, 1947 - Baltimore, MD
Died October 1, 2013 - Baltimore, MD

Best known for his espionage novels, Clancy has written over 200 books, some of the most recognizable -- The Hunt For Red October, Patriot Game and Clear and Present Danger.

Six films have been made based on his novels-- Clear and Present Danger, The Hunt for Red October, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, NetForce, Patriot Games and The Sum of all Fears.

Clancy's novels have even graced the cover of several video games (that's what my husband knows him best for). Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, The Division and more.

Though his genre never really coincided with the novels that I like to read or the novels I review, I have still heard (via book on tape-during road trips) a few of his novels thanks to my parents, who are big fans of all of his novels.

So here's to a great American entertainer. May your work keep you immortal.

No comments:

Post a Comment