Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Stacking my imaginary shelf

Last week I talked about Vampire Academy. I still haven't purchased it, but I attempted to. I went to  Blue Willow Bookshop, but they didn't have a copy. I instead bought The Elete, another book on my (and my Mom's) wishlist. She keeps asking "When are you going to get the next book in the series? What a tease, giving me one book in the series."

What books are you adding to your wishlist?
What books have been on your wish-list at least half a year?


My Wish List:
So for today, I am going to talk about a book that has been on my wishlist for a few years now. ((blushes)) I get so carried away with the new stuff, I forget about the older wishes.

Stardust

William Morrow Paperbacks

Hopelessly crossed in love, a boy of half-fairy parentage leaves his mundane Victorian-English village on a quest for a fallen star in the magical realm. The star proves to be an attractive woman with a hot temper, who plunges with our hero into adventures featuring witches, the lion and the unicorn, plotting elf-lords, ships that sail the sky, magical transformations, curses whose effects rebound, binding conditions with hidden loopholes and all the rest.


B&N | Amazon | Murder By The Book (H-Town Local)

I saw the movie years and years ago, just thinking about it makes me giddy. I LOVED the move. I bought it the moment it came out and watch it at least once a year. It's so bad, I have designated my first male child's name Tristan. Well... this movie wasn't the only reason I love the name, but it helped.




My challenge to you:
Purchase at least 5 books from your wish-list. Maybe even purchase one book from a local book store. Not only will you be buying something you wanted, but also helping support a dying art, printed word.

No comments:

Post a Comment