Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Gorgious Covers






A Darkness Strange and Lovely (Something Strange and Deadly #2)
by Susan Dennard
Publication date: July 23, 2013
YA Dystopia (Zombies)


Following an all-out battle with the walking Dead, the Spirit Hunters have fled Philadelphia, leaving Eleanor alone to cope with the devastating aftermath. But there’s more trouble ahead—the evil necromancer Marcus has returned, and his diabolical advances have Eleanor escaping to Paris to seek the help of Joseph, Jie, and the infuriatingly handsome Daniel once again. When she arrives, however, she finds a whole new darkness lurking in this City of Light. As harrowing events unfold, Eleanor is forced to make a deadly decision that will mean life or death for everyone.



My Thoughts:
This cover is instantly haunting. The mesh Madonna glove gives this cover an extra sense of ominous gloom or poverty. There's something about women is big flouncy dresses that really catches my eye. Maybe it's because I don't see too many women dressed up like that. I defiantly don't get Zombie from this cover though, and I don't understand the window behind. Never the less, this cover really caught my eye. I would have put in a request for it, if not for the fact that it's not #1 in the series. I try to stay away from jumping into the middle of a novel. I think, to make this cover better, there should be a creepy human silhouette in the window behind the girl. I can't even begin to guess what it's about though, just looking at the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment