Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gorgious Covers

Covers that Make Me Swoon 
OOOH! Pretty


Lemony Snicket

I should have asked the question "How could someone who was missing be in two places at once?" Instead, I asked the wrong question -- four wrong questions, more or less. This is the account of the second.
In the fading town of Stain'd-by-the-Sea, young apprentice Lemony Snicket has a new case to solve when he and his chaperone are hired to find a missing girl. Is the girl a runaway? Or was she kidnapped? Was she seen last at the grocery store? Or could she have stopped at the diner? Is it really any of your business? These are All The Wrong Questions.



My Thoughts:
So this isn't my typical choice for swoon worthy covers, but I just couldn't stop staring. So purple and fun. It reminds me of an anime I saw once - Panties and Stockings - The adult version of Power Puff Girls. If this book had a soundtrack, Danny Elfman would be the composer. I am in love with the little tadpole at the top right.  I can't say I have ever read a Lemony Snicket book. Hell, I haven't even seen the movie, but I would totally pick this up and read the blurb.

 

1 comment:

  1. That is one great cover! As it's by Lemony Snicket, I can only imagine thats it's going to be utterly ridiculous and really clever :)

    Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete