Thursday, April 5, 2012

2012 Movies from books

The Hunger Games won't be the only movie based on a book out this year. There are several movies coming in 2012 which takes its inspiration from the written word.

June 22, 2012

Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter
Author: Seth Grahame - Smith
Director: Tim Burton



I love Tim Burton, and though I have not
read this book yet, it has been on my
to-buy-&-to-read list since I saw it on shelves however long ago that was. I can't wait to see what Burton brings to the table. 
Book


              

August 3, 2012

Dorothy of Oz
Author: Roger Stanton Baum
Director: Will Finn & Dan St. Pierre



Patrick Stewart is a voice... nuf said! (yes, I
am a nerd).
Book
No trailer yet. 
October 19, 2012

Cloud Atlas
Author: David Mitchell
Director: Tom Tykwer &
Andy & Lana Wachowski



Haven't read the book, but Tom Hank's can bring any character to life. 
No trailer yet. 

October 26, 2012
Alex Cross
Author: James Patterson
Director: Rob Cohen



This is book #12 in the series. It is a little strange that the director chose to start with book #12, but maybe there is a reason for it. I can't say I read too many James Patterson books, or see the movies based on his writing. 
No trailer yet. 
December 14, 201

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 
Author: J.R.R. Tolkin
Director: Peter Jackson



My mom read a part of this book to me when I was younger. I must admit, it is the only book in the series I have ever read/listened to, but I absolutely loved the movies. I just never got around to reading the other books. 


              

November 16, 2012

Twilight: Breaking Dawn part 2
Author: Stephanie Meyer
Director: Bill Condon



It's almost over. Groan or rejoice, as you wish. This is the second part of the last book, though I am confused why it was split into 2 parts instead of three, since the book is actually three separate books within itself. In 2013, yet another Meyer book will be portreyed on the big screen - The Host.  



No comments:

Post a Comment